Spey Pages banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My vote must go to the rainbow wrasse

http://www.hatchmag.com/blog/unbelievable-rainbow-wrasse/7712341

I love watching steelhead videos, the colors, the silver, the red, green, blue and those big attentive eyes. And while trout, steel, salmonoid fish are my cup of tea in grace and beauty the wrasse is pure art. I also love Mahi.

Nature has exquisite taste

·
Banned
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I lived in Ashevile for years, they are glorious nice pick!

·
Registered
940 Posts
Fish

To be fair, I think one would have to to have two categories of fish -- salt and fresh. In saltwater, I do not have a clue because things are so diverse. In fresh, however, I would pick the steelhead or the Atlantic salmon.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Coolest fish would be the Rooster fish, otherwise steelhead!!!

·
Spey Is The Way
1,025 Posts
I fish for Atlantics but I must say the eastern brook trout is prettier. Then again they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

·
Banned
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I fish for Atlantics but I must say the eastern brook trout is prettier. Then again they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
You mean is in the eye of the Rod holder :D

·
fly fisher 'til it's over
1,162 Posts
Prettiest fish is the one I happen to have on at the time!

·
Registered
889 Posts
A sparkling and liced (preferably long tailed) spring Atlantic barely edges its counterpart steelhead in similar condition fresh from the Pacific. 1 and 1a. Those Atlantics look like liquid mercury still carrying the neon blue/green of the ocean on their backs.

·
Bamboo Rod Maker
333 Posts
Eastern brook trout in his fall spawning colors. Next would be the long eared sunfish in spawning colors. Both are lit up like a neon sign.

Jerry

1 - 20 of 30 Posts