Spey Pages banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
metal head
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a long while now, I've been out of the 2 handed loop (pun intended). Years ago, I found a Meiser switcher, heads, and tips, and quit trying to find the latest greatest. Honestly, my family got bigger, job required more time, etc. Time for fishing and all that comes with it wasn't there. I had time to digest everything and came to terms with the fact that the GL tribs arent the PNW but that's ok. Fish where you live. So what have I missed since about 2013? Any new trends or gear? New hot flies? At first blush, it seems to me that the more things have changed, the more they've stayed the same. That's comforting. I'm glad the forum is still chugging along.

Cheers.

·
Administrator
17,801 Posts
Hey, I remember you :) :)
I fish the GL's on the Canadian side ... love my home river!!
I get to fish everything from single handers up to 14ft'ers on my home river and use 16ft'ers about 2hrs away.
I'm still tossing goofy vintage patterns, but more so these days my own goofy patterns.
Glad you are back :):)

Mike

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Check in with Meiz. His rods have the same sweet feel they've always had, but are lighter and quicker recovering with the latest generation of materials.

·
metal head
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great to hear from you guys! Mike, you were always very encouraging when I'd post a fly...even if it left a lot to be desired 😣 I always appreciated that positivity.

I actually talked to Bob about a week ago regarding a head. He directed me to Steve G. It's so refreshing to know that those guys are still doing their thing, and better than ever.

Good stuff guys.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Steve is awesome. He has built me a custom rod which I love. His Scandoid head is a winner.

Reactions: Turkish

·
Administrator
17,801 Posts
Yes, Steve is a great guy and he is brilliant !!
He continues to build me shooting heads, I also have a couple of DT's from him.
He built me a 10ft 8wt single hand rod that I use for floating bugs over steelhead and salar. It doubles as tight quarters stick as well.

Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts