Spey Pages banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Twohander is a Sage 8126 G4 (European style), and i would like to buy a speyline to use with this rod. I am into learning snake roll and are looking for a speyline good for this technique.
I have a few Loop adapted shooting heads which i use when underhand casting, but have a feeling that they are a bit short.
Thanks torbjorn

·
Registered
228 Posts
Line for Spey Casting w/Sage 8126-3

Torbjorn,

I fish the Sage 8126-3 a lot on small to medium-sized rivers.

For traditional Spey casts (not Underhand casting) try the Rio WindCutter Spey #7/8/9 or the Airflo Standard Delta Spey #7/8. Both lines feature a head length of @ 53' (not sure of equivalent measurement in meters), and are also available with interchangeable tips.

The mid-belly lines (@ 65') and long-belly lines are more difficult to manage on the 8126-3 due to its relatively short length.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks For adv. Topher
Guess you have a point there that a long bellied line (eg midspey)
is difficult to handle with my 12.6
As i can read out of the spec tables the windcutter head is 54,5' in lenght, and 18,8' shorter than the midspey head.
My floating loop adapted is 34' long, and i have a feeling that a longer head could be better when it comes to snake roll eg. Less need for stripping and shooting line. But i may be wrong?
How about a windcutter 6/7/8? The head has about the same weight as the loop adapted but is 11,5' longer?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Radius,

For Rio Spey Line recommendations, click on the rotating Rio Products, Inc. banner at the lower left hand portion of the screen; go to "Technical/Misc.," and then "Spey Line Recommendations."

Rio's got you covered on this one........

1 - 4 of 4 Posts