Spey Pages banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
246 Posts
This rod is what I have in my hands for 6 months of the year. The grain window is hilarious, I think 450-750 or something like that. I'll check mine in a bit. I like everything closer to the lower end of the window on this rod. I wouldn't call the Rage a scandi - I used to fish a 480 with polyleaders, but the hate half of my love/hate relationship with the Rage won. I like a 510 Airflo Scandi Compact and a 12' leader as a dry line. That said, I primarily fish a skagit as this is my cold-toes rod.

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This rod is what I have in my hands for 6 months of the year. The grain window is hilarious, I think 450-750 or something like that. I'll check mine in a bit. I like everything closer to the lower end of the window on this rod. I wouldn't call the Rage a scandi - I used to fish a 480 with polyleaders, but the hate half of my love/hate relationship with the Rage won. I like a 510 Airflo Scandi Compact and a 12' leader as a dry line. That said, I primarily fish a skagit as this is my cold-toes rod.
I like plowing into a fierce headwind with room around me for a big wind up, so I thought bigger would be better here. I have a 610 brainer SA SKAGIT for it too that rips real good with a 10 foot t14 and any fly light or heavy, so I figured a lighter rage would be okay Cuz its sorta a skagit/scandi in between. Thanks for wisdom. Appreciated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts