Spey Pages banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
#&%*@^# Caster
3,058 Posts
A tuna reel will work:cool:

In the archives you will find a lot of posts about reels for big lines. A teton 12 RA will hold it. As will a redington as 13/14 is you are looking cheap.

Look for a reel with at least a 4 1/4 diameter and that will work OK. 4.5 and larger is best though.

-sean

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Bauer M7

or equivalent will hold the 9/10 XLT with enough backing for steelhead and salmon and room to spare.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I have mine on a Marquis Salmon 3 with LOADS of backing (over 200 yds of 30 lb?). Spool is 4 1/8" dia x 1 1/2".

·
BULL DOG!!!!
1,791 Posts
I would second the marquis 3, nothing like it when a big steelie goes nuts on ya! Oh yeah it also will fit any spey line.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Big salmon Perfect! 4", 4 1/4"

3 Marquis is a close second (it fits on my Salar w/o hose clamps)

For the Tuna reel you can always get one of those rare 6" Perfects.

andre

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks All.

How about the SA System II 12/13? Will it fit the full line plus 150 yards of 30lb dacron?

I am thinking either that one or the Teton.

·
Registered
465 Posts
My 9/10 Grandspey fits nicely on my Marquis Salmon No. 2 with ample 30lb dacron backing. The Bouglé Salmon would work well too. I have a no.3 Salmon that I use too and unless you really need a LOT of backing, I'd use the no. 2 model.

·
Steelhead Dreamer
462 Posts
The Lamson LiteSpeed 4 will hold it with over 250 yds of Cortland micronite 30# backing.

Regards,

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Doubt it imho.

2HandTheSalt said:
Thanks All.

How about the SA System II 12/13? Will it fit the full line plus 150 yards of 30lb dacron?

I am thinking either that one or the Teton.
The line fills (150 yards of 30# backing) a 13-14 small arbor Redington.

fae

M

·
0 Posts
Can't see it, can you repeat it. I had one disappear tonight. Could be anyone. My mail washer washes things before I get started. Max

1 - 14 of 14 Posts