Spey Pages banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Spey in the South?!
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am asking for one speycasting book for Christmas and I am interested in which book, if you had to choose, you would take above all others.

Thanks,
Zach

·
Registered
20 Posts
Book

There have been some other posts somewhat related to books on another thread. Other casting books (Author/ dealer prices) out there are Speycasting (Falkus /$250+), Speyfishing (Maxwell/$110), Fine and Far Off (Scott/$100- $150).

Not to diminish the previous authors, as I like all of the books and they have value for different reasons, but I agree with recommonding Simon's book in terms of content for casting (independent of price); there really is no contest. Additionally, as it was just published this year, it is easy to obtain at reasonable prices.

As a suggestion, put it on your list to Santa this year instead of waiting ten years and paying 10X the cost - it is much easier this way. Given the assumption that you will purchase Simon's book, and I think I would pick Fine and Far Off next.

·
Spey in the South?!
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just a quick question in an out of the way location- are signature pics like mine kosher? I don't want to step on any toes.

Thanks,
Zach

·
Registered
147 Posts
my $.02 on best book

I am new to the Spey Rod as almost 1 year now. I found Simon's Book to be a great help to me. I have been through his Book twice very thouroughly. I am ready to take it around the track for the third time. I see and learn new things each time. I have no experience with any other books; however, this Book of Simon's must be if not at the top, very near to it...IMHO. Best, Stiver

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I have collected all the spey casting books and videos available in NA.

IMHO the most instructive is Spey Casting by Simon Gawesworth.

Regards,
Fred Krow

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.