Spey Pages banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Candy Coloured Clown They Call the Sandman...blah blah

Best to err on the side of more temporal pursuits when one is bored...sometimes we fail to take good counsel...

We clearly need a thaw...:cool:

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Now that is 'slick.'

Hear you on the weather ...... we here on the West Coast are skipping all that. To be here in the low 60's this afternoon in Southern Oregon. :smokin:

·
Registered
11,027 Posts

·
Registered
ACR, Echo DHII, Danielsson, Leland, Hardy, Rio, Airflo
3,705 Posts
Noce Fly

Well put togather

·
Registered
126 Posts
Candy covered clown, the Sandman, all I think of is Frank Booth from Blue Velvet when I hear that... one of Dennis Hopper's great characters r.i.p.

·
Dedicated Fisherman
3,306 Posts
Me?

I'm so bored I'm not even able to motivate myself to tie flies.............. Weather woes, oh yeah we have those here too. Snow, the Iditarod has been moved to Fairbanks because that's where there is enough snow to run sled dogs. It generally starts at Willow and runs out to Skwentna giving us some excitement for one weekend each winter. This years excitement has been provided by open water on the rivers and overflow caused by warm weather and rains. The Iron Dog, a 2000 mile snowmachine race from Big Lake to Nome and then on to Fairbanks ran the first leg on bare ground then on glare ice and water...... The annual International Nordic Ski Championships that are held on the trail systems around Anchorage were canceled due to 'lack of snow'....... I could be down on the lower Kenai fishing for trout / steelhead but that's a couple hundred mile trip one way and I have a hard time getting excited about that. Seems every time I do take the trip it then gets cold for a couple days, ice in the guides cold that is. It's been a tough winter here. I would normally be out at the cabin working away but the bad trail conditions have kept me home more than ever. I would rejoice at some cold weather and 2 foot of snow. Yep, I'm bored alright, maybe it's time to go sit at that little bench and see what I might come up with.

Incidentally that's a very beautiful job of fly tying buddy :)

·
Registered
126 Posts
A candy colored clown they call the sandman, tiptoes to my room every night, just to sprinkle stardust and to whisper, go to sleep, everything is all right...you could name it the Frank Booth or the Lumberton or the Orbison. sorry just getting a bit punchy

·
fly fisher 'til it's over
1,162 Posts
With a hot fly like that, the thaw is not far off!

Are your wellies at the ready?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts