Spey Pages banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering where Grampa Spey is? I haven't seen him make a post for a while. I was off online for about 8 months as my old computer called it quits. I learned a fair amount from the threads he posted. Just curious.

·
Banned
27 Posts
grampa spey is very happy

He went off to live with a very nice family in the country. He gets to fish all day to 20-40 pound steelhead all year round that are always bright as a dime and will take a size 10 dry fly. If we could only be so lucky to be where he is.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's sad to see, another angler with the "elitist attitude". Grampa Spey if you're out there, I'd like to see you come back to the Spey Pages.;)

G

·
My question is why was that guy not banned for saying that? Grampa Spey seems like a good guy and for someone to be that rude should not be allowed.

·
Relapsed Speyaholic
5,550 Posts
This was all taken care of a few months ago and apologies extended regardless of them being warranted or not. I see no good coming from restarting this debate.

sinktip
(moderator)

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
lads,, as poppy says "relax,,,it's only the internet":razz: Sean wasn't banned because for one,,, his views are not much different than mine and probably some of you,,, not everyone,, but some. In short, while he did come across as a bit of an eletist a$$hole,, who cares,,, so am i:chuckle: Secondly,,, he owns the damn site:smokin:
An attack on a "way of fishing" is just that and i bash ******* meat fishermen every chance i get.:mad: This sin't saying that Grampa,, his son,,, uncle joe,, or anyone else that uses weight is one. While i didn'y read any real direct assault on Grampa,, I certainly did read a few things where an apology was in order. Who knows, maybe sean did contact Gramps offline and things are cool again:smokin: Direct personal attacks and slanderous remarks are grounds for getting banned,, not being an ass,,,cause i'd a been outta here a long time ago;) .
Just my $0.02
Dwayne
aka Salmon Chaser
PS Hope you come back to the board Grampa,,, and that no one else feels like leaving because of a dumb-ass post.

G

·
sinktip said:
This was all taken care of a few months ago and apologies extended regardless of them being warranted or not. I see no good coming from restarting this debate.

sinktip
(moderator)

It is good as dropped here. Was not aware of it when it happened. Didn't mean to start any debate or anything like that. To be honest I was very shocked to see anything like that here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.