Spey Pages banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of saying good bye to an old friend, my sage 9140. Its been 10 years of solid summer and winter work with this rod and, sad to say, its about to become my "back-up" rod. I have stepped up to the Burkheimer 9143-3 and having not spent any casting time with this rod have no idea what I am in for. I would love to hear some feedback from anyone. Tell me you thoughts.

Fish on! and on, and on, and on.....:)

·
Registered
29 Posts
I own two...!

Mr. McSquidly -
You made a good buy! I own two because this is my go to rod for most of my fishing. I landed a 36lb. chrome Chinook on the Dean three years ago. Have no trouble with tips and can fish a 100 feet most of the time. Can't tell the difference between the two rods - they cast the same, as they should. You'll love it!

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Mr McSquidly.. Is that your rod we are building with the cork insert for the Perfect??

You'll love the 9143-3 at least I love mine, As I began to fish with mine this summer I was wondering if I should have done an 8139-3 but my first few casts with the floating line put thoes concerns to rest then this winter as I was starting to winter fish I was thinking I should build a 10150-3 or a 9149-3 But a few casts with a 15 ft type 6 and a 1/0 bunny leech and the 9143-3 handled the heavy tip and fly beautifully now I am sure I don't need a heavier rod. If there is such a thing as a true do it all spey rod this is it.. What to expect.. all the power you could possibly want but the delicatenes to enjoy your floating line also.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts