Spey Pages banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My long time guide and friend Jason from Gaspe, Quebec sent me this photo the other day of a fish he took while spending a couple of days on the Grand Cascapedia River. I will add the fish was released unharmed after the photo was taken.

Nothing else to say...the picture says it all!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
718 Posts
It does not get much better than this. Jason is fortunate to be able to fish the Gaspé this year.

Doug

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're right about that Doug. Although a funny side note...he told me he expected small crowds on the rivers due to the closed border but said "there are 3 unemployed Frenchmen for every missing American". :chuckle::chuckle:

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Yeah there is more to say, oh my what an amazing beautiful specimen

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Holy Moly! Awesome sauce

·
Registered
140 Posts
Whoa! That's an amazing fish, beautiful river, and a great picture! You can certainly see the excitement of the moment on Jason's face - good for him!!! Thanks for sharing that picture - a definite boost to my day knowing fish like that still exist, there are rivers that support them, and every now and then some lucky fisherman gets to hook AND land one - VERY cool!!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Thanks for posting... It's nice to see that the big ones do still exist. Even if the long term outlook is a sad downward trajectory in worldwide populations of the wild salmonids that we love. Sigh.

·
One more cast...
99 Posts
Amazing and beautiful fish. Any idea if he took quick measurements (length and girth)?

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Amazing and beautiful fish. Any idea if he took quick measurements (length and girth)?
Yep...44" x 24" which means 30 pounds +

Reactions: clayito

·
Registered
11 Posts
Everyone gets lucky sometimes.... I've never met a Sams who was a good salmon fisherman.

Ryan Sams (Jason's nephew and sometimes fishing partner).

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Really!?!? - lol

Everyone gets lucky sometimes.... I've never met a Sams who was a good salmon fisherman.

Ryan Sams (Jason's nephew and sometimes fishing partner).
I hope you say this with tongue in cheek. I learned a lot from Jason...and I'll bet you might have too.
I taught him a trick or 2 as well:smokin::smokin: Always a great time spent fishing with him.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Thats an amazing fish and congrats to Jason.

I was reading about the size of the salmon that were caught in the old days, and it is crazy to imagine what a 50 or 60 pounder must have been like....

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
1 - 16 of 16 Posts