Spey Pages banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all. Headed for the WB for only about the 3rd or 4th time. It's been QUITE a while, but I'm curious to hear your favorite streamers and nymphs for this fishery. I am not interested in the dries - despite my username I am too old to tie those tiny little BWO's on my 6x tippet anymore. ;-) I am especially interested in your fav nymphs up there.

Thanks in advance.
BW46er

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Upstate. I will be there in the middle of Augest. I should have mentioned that. Your recommendation probably still holds, though.

·
Registered
Beulah Burkheimer Meiser
1,740 Posts
Buy some skaters from 808Steelheader (Todd Hirano) and hit some riffles around sundown. Game on. Also, the West Branch LOVES MICE. Find somebody with a drift boat to take you for a midnight cruise and throw mice. The darker the night the better the fishing. :sneaky::sneaky:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Nymphing with the algae bloom is a waste of time. Iso's and soft hackles all day until fall. Swinging muddlers and mice at night is productive too. Good luck!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Water may be high and full of salad if the releases are high to maintain downstream water temps. If full of lettuce nymphing can be frustrating having to clean your flies after a drift or two.

With regard to nymphs I typically drift a string of three, and start with the following. Egg pattern, Iso nymph, then a small pheasant tail. Will switch around depending on what happens. Depending on flows and clarity plan on streamers, and be careful wading if flows are high.

I'll be there end of August. Hoping for a flying ants hatch.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts