Spey Pages banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dare I call it a Clave?

60 guys (or, more accurately, about 58 guys and two gals ;) ) and a certified master instructor definately sounds like a clave. At least that's what I'm going to call it if we manage to do it again next year!

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Very cool - a Clave indeed!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Excellent demos by Jeff...... being a newbie who was starting to feel comfortable with basics....:rolleyes: Mr. Putman opened up more holes in my lack of technique than the shirts that my wife is constantly harrassing me to throw out.. very cool stuff. Unfortunately, i had to leave early. My little one turned 5 and i had to become a grill master for the party.
my brother in law and another buddy attended till the end and enjoyed the Fat tire beer gathering next door.
Spey rods, good beer next door, and highland bagpipes and drums in the background.....:D Super cool

john

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Very cool!

As John said, the clave was fantastic. Tour de Fat was next door and the bag pipes were neat too.

Jeff was a really good instructor and presented some great information for the group. I happend to look at the raffel sign up sheet and from what I could see most of the people there were into to the spey game less than a year. I REALLY wish that I had something like that two years ago when I first started.

All in all, GREAT way to get all worked up for the Clearwater next month.

Cheers!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fyi

I'll start a new thread when I have the details, but this is happening again this year on Sunday August 23rd at Ann Morrison Park. Jeff Putnam is coming back. I'm sure there will be more. Details are being worked out as we speak (type).

·
Splash n Go Skagiteer
4 Posts
Thanks for posting the info on the site otherwise I would have never heard. The expo was outstanding and many thanks to Anglers for their efforts and demo racks.
I was previously on the fence about buying a switch rig but now i'm sure my next rod will be one. I'm also glad to see Orvis promoted so well.
I reget that I was up in Fairbanks the following week and missed out on the Clave that met but i'll be keeping my eye open for other casting/fishing events in the area.
Thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts