Spey Pages banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
fly fisher 'til it's over
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No! Not that!

This!

I've been visiting this forum for some time, and envying the skills of the tiers, and advice of the learned.

Although I was a production tier years ago (40 or so), I've only recently begun to try the classics. What an adventure!

Matt and Josh have been schooling me a bit, and it's only through this forum that it was possible!

Here are some recent dressings (my first married wings) with, I'm afraid, many subs.

First, OK, second Dunt.

Apologize for the fuzzy pics. I'm still getting used to this iphone.

OK, let me have it!

·
Dedicated Fisherman
3,307 Posts
Hi Bob,

I really like the first 2, they look like flies that catch fish for me on a regular basis. However, mine aren't quite that nicely done :)

Ard

·
Registered
ACR, Echo DHII, Danielsson, Leland, Hardy, Rio, Airflo
3,729 Posts
Talk about

Jumping in with two feet.. Great work and you have some quality mentors

·
Administrator
19,124 Posts
All of them will fish well and you should swing them with confidence, nice work !!
Concentrate on having a flat, even underbody for your floss work, it makes a big difference for smooth floss bodies and tags :)

Mike

·
fly fisher 'til it's over
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks gents! Encouragement coming from great tyers means a lot. Good floss is on the way to take the place of some silk thread I pilfered from my wife's quilting stash!

This is going to be a fun journey!

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
The Dint is very well done and those little married wings are captivating. Large hooks are can be easier to dress having the materials to match. Downsizing and doing it proportionately is tougher - I think so because I still miss the mark myself...

Lets see more.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts