Spey Pages banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
chrome-magnon man
5,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or welcome back! We've moved-speypages and the speyclave are now on our own servers separate from the Flyfishing Forum. You might not have noticed anything too different, and if you haven't that means that things went smoothly! I was worried that we might lose a few folks along the way, but since we made the move on the 20th of December we've had over 1 million hits on the site, so it looks like most people are still here. Whew!

Sean Ransom (former Forum web guru) is here with us and is now my partner; kush and sinktip, our moderators from our Forum days are with us as well, and we thank them for their tireless effort and support. In the coming months you'll notice a few changes--particularly in how the site looks--and we'll be adding some new features as well. Stay tuned!

Thanks to everyone for your participation and support. Thanks to our subscribers who convinced me that this Spey site needs to stay alive, and thanks to our sponsors for their continuing support! Remember, purchasing a product or service from speypages sponsors helps to support us, and be sure to let them know that you appreciate their support of the site.

Best of the Season to everyone and we look forward to a great 2005!

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Thanks Dana to you and Sean as well as Kush and Sinktip for the incredible site that supplies so much valuable information and comradery for all of us.

All the best in 2005!!

Rick J

·
Registered
106 Posts
Wow !

Dana,
over a million hits in 9 days must tell you something !
This site is still in it`s embryonic state, with a huge future.
Keep the plough in the ground !
Great to have Sean here too, and well done on the immense segregation.
May I ask, if all our visitors to the site are welcomed with a pop-up invitation to subscribe, and are made aware of the benefits of membership?
A subtle nag-message often encourages the curious visitor.
Cascade.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hits on Pages

9 Million Hits!!!!! I know it is impossible to do but it would be very interesting to know how many of these "hits" are from paid subscribers. The above "pop-up reminder to subscribe" and a page promoting the benefits is an excellant suggestion. Another thought...when a subsciber posts have some automatic way of ID'ing them as a subscriber.

Pete Readel....one of the 150 (and growing) subscribers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts