Spey Pages banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
chrome-magnon man
5,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
gee, I go away for a few weeks and all sorts of cool things happen! Great to see the Sage banner up! My very first Spey rod was a custom made Sage--a 10150-4--a great classic rod that I still love to fish. Sage has been setting standards for years and we are pleased to have them on board!

Welcome and thank you! :)

·
Hooked on Salmon
161 Posts
Well done Marc!

This is a place where SAGE should have been a long time ago.
I have said it too many times - my fishing would feel very hollow if I not had your 15'1" to lean against. The Volvo of the lot!

Per Stadigh

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Another "Dah Fred!

Ï too, hadn't noticed they've join a very good group of advertisers on the Board. I don't want to count the number of Sage rods I own ... but I'm sure Joan could tell me ....

Should I be dumb enough to ask.

:hehe:

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Fred re Sage Rods

I have a Sage: 7136, 7141, and European 10151-4.

I had several one handed rods that I sold after hurting my shoulder. I have their unique 4 weight, 4 piece 9' LL rod that is being saved for a grand child who wants to start fly fishing and will not use it as a stick to beat rocks.

Sage makes excellent rods and is usually easy to deal with. I had two reel seats torn off the 4 weight LL. The rod is old enough not to have any serial numbers. The first reel seat ended up in quite a hassle. Sage didn't want to repair it because there was no serial number even though I was the original owner and had sent in the warranty card. The local Sage rep got involved and it was repaired for $25. The second time, it was repaired there was no hassle.

Now I don't use that rod where fish can be over 4 pounds. The first time the reel seat broke was with a monster on the Fall river. The second time was a 26 incher over 7 pounds on Putah Creek. The fish was caught the next day with my trademark ugly fly in its lips. When the reel seat broke, I grabbed the line and snapped the tippet.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Sage set the bar

For many years Sage set the bar for graphite technology. Now some other manufacturers are pushing and the competition is doing good things for the fisherman.

I have a number of single and double hand rods, not in Fred's class, but have enjoyed using their product. Welcome.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Per Stadigh said:
Well done Marc!

This is a place where SAGE should have been a long time ago.
I have said it too many times - my fishing would feel very hollow if I not had your 15'1" to lean against. The Volvo of the lot!

Per Stadigh
have you tested the giv 16,1´ or the GII 14´ #10-11 Per? The GII 14´ #10-11 is a super rod. But i wonder if the 16,1´ is like the 15,1´ ??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts