Spey Pages banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
chrome-magnon man
5,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Clan Rods have joined us as our newest sponsor!

Renowned for the finest in hand-crafted fly rods, Clan is distinguished as manufacturer and repairer of tackle for the Royal Family. All aspects of production are completed under the watchful eye of master rod builder Harry Jamieson at Clan's headquarters near the River Spey in Scotland. Clan's current achievement is the recreation of the famed Greenheart Grant Vibration two-handed rods, and the Speypages community can't wait to hear more about them!

Welcome Clan and thanks for your support!

http://www.clanrods.com

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
wow!

i'm certainly happy to see them as a sponsor,one of the first sites i stumbled on when i started the `two-handed journey' was `clan rods',,,and most impressive is their statement=our rods have no limits!,,YES!,,,so i welcome them to the speypages

·
Registered
624 Posts
Clan Rods

Hi Guys,
Harry at Clan Rods is not able to post anything on the site at the moment, as he is waiting to get broadband installed,so has asked me to pass on the message that he is more than happy to be a sponsor of Speypages, and is looking forward to being able to post some replies as soon as possible.
Having known Harry for a long time, his knowledge of spey rods ,i am sure he will be a great asset to the speypages.
After all he has been making hand built spey rods for 35 yrs by the river spey, and in that time you see alot of rods , and learn a thing or two.
Clan rods will be available in the US and Canada later on this summer, so if anybody would like to try one out, please send a message to me.
Cheers Gordon Macleod ... ie speyghillie. :)

·
Registered
624 Posts
Clan Rods

Hi Guys,
Harry has asked me to remind everybody that the prices for all the rods on his site, will be less VAT, a horrible tax we have to suffer, so all the prices are less 17.5 %.
This applies to all rods send outside the UK.
Harry will be online soon, he is having a bit of trouble with the broadband.
He has asked me to say a big thanks to all at speypages, and that he is more than happy to sponsor, and looks forward to being able to answer and post some articles.
Cheers Gordon. :)

·
Registered
624 Posts
clan rods

hey brooklnangler,
I tried, think he must have been tippet off, the hat was nowhere in site, will try again.
Will get you one, if you need when i get back, going fishin for two weeks in beautiful british columbia, no computer, no phone, only fishin.
Gordon. :)

·
Registered
889 Posts
Speygillie,

Quick question:

Does the rod include the tapered silk line? Do you know who is spinning them up?

Thanks,

William

·
Registered
624 Posts
Clan Rods

Hi William,
The lines are Harry's department, he is the guy to e:mail, but having trouble right now with his computer.
Harry is the man ,for all things Alexander Grant, rods, lines, the Grant Switch Cast and all the history, no one knows about him more.
The lines are being make under harry's instruction, i cant wait to get my hands on one, thats two thing i've to get when i see him, one of the lines and his hat.
William , send him an e:mail, but i know this week he is busy hand finishing some rods for Japan.
Cheers Gordon. :eek:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Clan Rods

Hey great to hear. Iv known harry J for some time now. I have a 17, 8-10 i think, an 11,5/6 and have ordered a 21,greenhart(hope i survive)
The 17 is an extremely nice piece of rod. Very sweet, extremely light,well balanced, yet with hidden power. Im trying to figure out Grants tecnique and with a 7-8 Xlt its just a pure joy to play with. someone here recomended the 18,? Its more powerful ,for extreme distance ,right?
anyway great forum Tanks.Sven kalmar(norway)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts