Spey Pages banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Spey in the South?!
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys-

A while back I saw a few models of spey rods with a cobalt blue metal seat with silver screws. I thought at first the rodmakers were nuts but over time it really grew on me. A friend is going to make me a bamboo spey blank this summer and I'd like to fit it out with this seat (weird, I know.)

It seems like this was a Fly Logic rod. Does anyone know what I am talking about? Can anyone point me to the right place to find one?

Thanks a lot,

Zach

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hey Zach,there are 3 brands of seats with a blue finish that I can think of,but the only one with silver rings is a new Pac Bay model.

The first is the one you mentioned by Fly Logic and is a dark blue/black finish.I believe the rings on it were black though.

The second are the camo coral type of blue finished seats by Abel(nice but pricey).

The last one,and the one I think you may be refering to,is a new color option that just came out for the Pac Bay Channel Lock seat.It is only available through www.rod-blanks.com and is called the Cedar River True Blue model.This seat is a anodised blue and either titanium or blue finish is available on the rings.

The Tru Blue looks pretty cool(blue single foot wire and blue snake guides are also available,as are strippers),as do the others.I like the dark blue Fly Logic as far as looks go myself,but the new Channel Lock is the best holding seat of the bunch.

There may be other blue seats out there but these are the ones that I know of that are high quality.

·
Spey in the South?!
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Tony-

I believe this was on a FlyLogic or a Hardy rod in production about 2 years ago. I saw it several times and always laughed, but now I would really like to see one again.

This one looked to be cobalt or royal blue and it had nickel silver screws. It was downlocking I believe.

I will check out the seats you mentioned, thanks a lot!

Zach

·
Registered
92 Posts
Any time Zach!

The seat you are refering to may very well be the Fly Logic one(just because I've only seen them with balck hardware on them doesn't mean other colors weren't available).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts