Spey Pages banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
dutch cornelis
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all i have e problem with the left spey cast,this cast coming out also nice far , but the tip does strange things , with the right is super nice small loops also muche further.
use lines from 19 to 22 mtr [ more competition ] .
i think i make e movie from the right spey /left spey ,body movement is wrong i think , so relearn.

DC

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Just pulling this out of my hat Dutch, because it is impossible to say without seeing it, but when my tip does "strange things" I find it is sometimes because the plane of my back cast is flat and parallel to the water and the plane of my forward stroke is over the top overhand. I fix it by forward casting what feels to be more sidearm, instead of coming over the top so much. Its difficult to say of course but since you cant see yourself you can only experiment, even if you have to try stuff that seems counter intuitive! Good luck buddy!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Cornelis

I'm guessing here!

Check your anchor: thats it's straight and without slack.
The loop formation: no sagging nor squiggly loop
Power application: no yanking, should be progressive all the way true to final stoppage were you have maximum speed at the end of the stroke.

PS! Check front of line so there is no cracks in the coating. Had that and the line did strange things like falling to a heap in the end of flight.

Hope you find the issue mate!

·
dutch cornelis
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks so muche for nice reply [ Thomas i think ] , i know the problem :always with the right casting , forged the left ,so back to the beginning for the left cast.ooo my god
the line is fine Gaelforce from James , like i say with the right is super more than 40 mtr with strait line/leader .
After Fagernes WC , go only further with 15 ft spey, hard working for this this days some work to do [ muche ] other problem is e teacher found .

have nice time next monds ,mayby see you next year.
Cornelis

·
Registered
192 Posts
Tx Cornelis!

Sure keep practicing and if possible get a coach and a good one that can really analyze your casting. Your always welcome to Sweden then I can help you out a bit.

Yes me to like the Equalizer line made by James. Easy to cast still about 21m long. If I had the money I would by his rod to.

Sure hope to meet you to :)

Keep it up!

/Tomas

Thanks so muche for nice reply [ Thomas i think ] , i know the problem :always with the right casting , forged the left ,so back to the beginning for the left cast.ooo my god
the line is fine Gaelforce from James , like i say with the right is super more than 40 mtr with strait line/leader .
After Fagernes WC , go only further with 15 ft spey, hard working for this this days some work to do [ muche ] other problem is e teacher found .

have nice time next monds ,mayby see you next year.
Cornelis

1 - 8 of 8 Posts