Spey Pages banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to see if anyone would be interested in tying a few flies for me- willing to negotiate a price. Im looking to get a fly I was introduced to on the Dean River several years ago- it is called an "airplane". Is a dry fly skater. I was given the name and a contact email for the gentleman who tied them for the place I was staying( Don Williams from Prince George BC). So I have tried to contact him via the email I was given but its no longer a correct email. I have also tried to look up Don Williams in the phone book- still cannot contact him. I would really like to have a few of these flies in my box as they have worked great on the Dean- effective, skate well and unsinkable.

Would like to see if anyone else would be willing to tie some up for me- the place I stay usually stocks them- but for the past 2 years by the time I get there in mid September they are all taken.
I have attached some photos and would even be willing to send one to someone to look at. He also tied several other flies I would really like to get: Dragon fly, Red dean river lantern

Thanks for considering
Bigfoot

Attachments

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
That is one very interesting dressing. I'm curious as to the recipe. Tail and wings appear to be moose ? What is the body material if you care to share.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Bigfoot, Donnie is one of our guides up on the Kispiox and that is his tie. I have his current email and will give him a shout for you and let you know. PM to fallow. Mark

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fyshhead- Many thanks- I have looked far and near to find Don. I would love it if I could contact him or he contact me. I will send you a PM with my email to pass on to him.

·
Registered
ACR, Echo DHII, Danielsson, Leland, Hardy, Rio, Airflo
3,706 Posts
Very Kind

Great community

Bigfoot, Donnie is one of our guides up on the Kispiox and that is his tie. I have his current email and will give him a shout for you and let you know. PM to fallow. Mark

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
'The unsinkable Molly Brown.'

That's one heck of a fly, I can see why it would float like a cork and shove a lot of surface water around.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts