Spey Pages banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

Does anyone know where I can find a black Redington AS 13/14 reel that is new or used? I am not too interested in ebay, but if there is a shop or seller, please let me know. I plan to use it with a Rio Windcutter 8/9/10. Thanks for any info!

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
:>) Good news/bad news.

It will be a stroke of good fortune for you to find one of these reels; new or used at this point. That's the 'bad news.'

The good news is with the line your proposing you can use a far smaller reel and still get plenty of backing on the bugger. The 9/10 Red's are still plentiful and they will cover your bet and then some.

To put you in perspective on my comment, I've got several of the 9/10's and 'the Big Boys, both AS and AL's. "Volume Lines" such as the XLT's and GrandSpeys require a HUGE reel to suck up the line and a reasonable amount of backing. The WC's have a 'head' and lots of running line behind. I actually have a 9/10 RIO Aclrtr on the large (1598?) Plug. Supreme and it works dandy.

Don't over kill your budget for a large capacity reel for this line; not needed. The others (and I'm sure there are 'others') will require a large winch. :hehe:

Leave your money in the bank; you'll need it for your next Spey Rod.

fae:smokin:

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Troutmadness

I may be able to help...I am not sure if he still has any left.....go to the Other musings forum "Items for sale" and look for Dansteeliemans' ads. I am sure he had a line on those very reels....He was trying to sell me one about a month ago.

best regards...Jake

1 - 4 of 4 Posts