Spey Pages banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a LHW reel from mentioned reel makers.

Suitable Bogdan models are Nordic salmon 300 and 400.
Suitable Engelbrekt models are 2/0, 3/0 and 4/0.

Send PM if you have something to offer.

Br,
Juha V

·
Registered
86 Posts
Bogdan No. 0 available

I have a prestine, fished only once, Bogdan No. 0 with 8 wt floating on it available. Not a mark on it. Beautiful!

·
Registered
824 Posts
bogdan reels , you have very good taste in your reels , the last 400 model i seen for sale fetched over $9000 ,couple guys really wanted it , it's a big ass reel , before that they were going for around $4300 , i was told he only ever made a handfull of 400's and won't be making anymore

did you hear the same , i have a good friend who is really into bogdan reels , has the best ones and a few of stan's very first reels he made ,
send me a email with your email address and i'll hook the 2 of you up , he'll know where the reels are your looking to find

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Dutch,

I wrote you a private message since didn't find you email. I hope it was delivered to you allthought I can't see it on my "Sent Items" inbox.

Br
Juha

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a prestine, fished only once, Bogdan No. 0 with 8 wt floating on it available. Not a mark on it. Beautiful!
I have a Bogdan 0 lined with super-thin backing and a 7wt Supra. A very nice reel for a 6- to 7-weight 11' to 13' plus speyrod. Can't think of a better one.

·
Registered
824 Posts
vaananen
yes i got your message and i forwarded your email address to him , i hope you both hook up , he knows bogdan reels more then anyone and knows who has what and he can find what your looking for i'm sure
good luck
dutchie
www.bowriveradventures.com

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Bogdan contact

Hey dutchie,

You might want to try Stephen Bogdan directly and see what he is currently building. At least you will hear directly whether or not he intends to build a certain model.
The telephone number is 603-924-9822 and the email is:
Sandy and Steve Bogdan ([email protected]).

They are not really great at the whole email thing, so I would suggest a phone call. Also, they do not like to ship to Canada so I had mine sent to buddies in USA, (not sure about across the pond).

If you place an order, follow up every 6 months +/- with a tele-call. I haven't waited that long for any of my deliveries, and they are worth the wait!

Good luck,

Chris

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Chris,

I did call Steve/Sandy last week and they said that they don't accept any new orders at the moment.

Cheers,
Juha

·
Registered
264 Posts
I doubt if Steve retires - I do not think the Bogdans know what the word means. Stan is still kicking around & he must be 92, or so. A year or two wait for a reel is normal - good things take time. I'd contact the auctions & dealers who specialize in high end tackle to find your reel. Just my $0.02.

·
Speyladdie
429 Posts
I have it from a very reliable source that they will be closing up shop soon.
The word is that there are a number of parts for 0"and 00's and when their made thats it.
I was very,very fortunate to obtain a 400 last year.
Stan personally told me it will be the last one he will ever make.
Speyladdie:smokin:

·
A BIG fish is a GOOD fish
303 Posts
bogdan on ebay

i might be wrong but i think there is or just was a 300 on ebay. check it out as auction might close. i love my A200. still nice, but not too nice that it doesnt get to play a few times a year.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts