Spey Pages banner

Want to purchase a 6wt 9ft

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  speyday 
#1 ·
It's a loooong shot but does anyone have 6wt single hander they really want to get rid of CHEAP. I've got about $150 to put down on a used rod excluding shipping costs. I know that's not a lot of money but it's where I'm at.

I'm just looking for a fast rod that throws long heavy sink tips and BIG streamers.

Please PM me if you have a dust collector for me.

Thanks,
Glen

#3 ·
9' 6wt

I have an older Sage 9' 6wt RPL Graphite III that I would part with. I'm not sure the going rate on eBay, but we could figure it out. I'm not sure if I've got a rod tube or not, but I will look. Let me know if you are interested.

Dave

It's a loooong shot but does anyone have 6wt single hander they really want to get rid of CHEAP. I've got about $150 to put down on a used rod excluding shipping costs. I know that's not a lot of money but it's where I'm at.

I'm just looking for a fast rod that throws long heavy sink tips and BIG streamers.

Please PM me if you have a dust collector for me.

Thanks,
Glen[/QUOTE]

#4 ·
Still looking...

I'm still hoping someone has a great and under used rod out there. Preferably a 4 piece, full wells and fighting butt style would be a plus but doesn't really matter. I'm trying to fill a hole while I have the chance to.

I have a Beulah Platinum 7wt 13'2" spey that I could be willing to trade with a rio 550 Skagit head. (I pretty much only fish smaller 11 foot rod water.) for a Sage TCX 691-4 or rods similar..

Thanks fellas
Glen

#8 · (Edited)
ive got a sage vt2 9 ft. 6 wt. 4 pc. half wells grip. A really nice rod.

Its a very good streamer ripping rod and i found it handles intermediate and sink lines very well.

Now, it is NOT a fast rod, its a more moderate load across the rod. However, in my experience, a slower stroke and ''flick"" with the forearm has, for me, meant ive been able to throw big nappy wet streamers (for river browns in the upper betsie).....extremely well. I use a heavier 6 wt line and sometimes even use a 7..... with a 7 line on it then the flies are giant (i havent found a need for that) but in that case there are virtually no limits within reason.

$150 plus ship. I will also throw in a rod/reel combo tube with the original one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.