Spey Pages banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
JD
3,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have an old 9140 with the early reel seat ( placed way forward) that is going on the wall. Does any one have an old beat up wall hanger reel they would be willing to part with? Cash or trade?

The largest old reel I have is an old Cortland Magnum. It is only four inches diameter. What did the old guys use before large arbor reels were available?

><////('>
JD

·
Registered
169 Posts
The answer is:

The biggest, baddest Pflueger Medalist (with palming rim so they could use it for a drag) they could buy! You can still buy a big brand new one, 1500 series, Model 1598 RCX, for well under $40!

BobK:smokin:

·
JD
3,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pflueger

Thanks for the info on biggest baddest Pflueger. And nice to know thay are still available. I figured it would have been either that or a Hardy of some kind. If I have to by a new one, I'll have to beat it up a little to make it look right though. :hehe:

><///('>
JD

·
Registered
200 Posts
JD, check ebay under "salmon reel." Quite often old English salmon reels go for a very reasonable price.

·
Registered
169 Posts
The smaller models....

The smaller models (e.g. 1595 1/2 RC for 8 wt. + backing) may be large enough - they are even cheaper (< $30) so you won't be "beating up" too much money!

BobK

1 - 5 of 5 Posts