Spey Pages banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
The Dude abides
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was too warm today for March. So I did the only sane thing and tied on a dry fly.

fun times

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
My first trip to the O P over 10 yrs ago the last day was warm and fish where showing themselves and being very active. I wish I would have put on a big waker and tried but I didnt have any thing with me. I still regret it now haha.

·
Administrator
19,126 Posts
Bravo Matt !!
Good on you for recognizing opportunities for fooling fish.
I bet you had a blast :)

Mike

·
Registered
ACR, Echo DHII, Danielsson, Leland, Hardy, Rio, Airflo
3,730 Posts
Great to See

Looks Like Fun

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Weather here in Southern 'Oregong' is a 'What?'

Can be freezing (32) at dawn, T-shirt late afternoon.:smokin: New Dog, 'Mz. Turkey' hasn't figured this one out yet. Old Doggies, Sandy the Lab, and 'Husker's', well a Husky, loved this kind of stuff.

First just tossed himself in the river, Husker's would wade. He had a 'reputation' to maintain on the Rogue and Chetco Rivers. Nose in the air, snuff-snort, "I approve."

Once, someone else s Dog 'Challenged' him on the beach. Husker's planted his butt, just looked at the thing, nose to nose, and stared him down.

A 'Don't even think about it moment?' :tsk_tsk:

·
Undertaker
1,357 Posts
what leader?

Just curious. I've been pounding the water when I can and haven't done much over the past month except leave a half dozen flies wedged in the rocks. Water in the Clack is as clear as I ever seen and I've started wondering if 12# Maxima is too much. So Matt, what's your tippet?

Adrian is going to be so jealous. Getting a winter fish on a waker has been his winter goal. If you're out there Adrian, let us know. Have you had a surface taker during this false winter we've been having?

Actually, the guys who are likely the most jealous are folks from the upper midwest to the east coast - I'm guessing that the winter of 14-15 is going to be impossible to forget for those folks. And here we are in T-shirts fishing dry flies.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I have been having a terrible winter too. I 100% blame Matt though, ever since starting to fish with him I quit catching!!! Haha truth is I haven't been out enough. I haven't heard of too many people catching that many fish with the water we are having, remember Matt can throw a rock in the river from his sofa so he gets a pretty fair amount of time..... Living my dream buddy!

·
The Dude abides
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just curious. I've been pounding the water when I can and haven't done much over the past month except leave a half dozen flies wedged in the rocks. Water in the Clack is as clear as I ever seen and I've started wondering if 12# Maxima is too much. So Matt, what's your tippet?

Adrian is going to be so jealous. Getting a winter fish on a waker has been his winter goal. If you're out there Adrian, let us know. Have you had a surface taker during this false winter we've been having?

Actually, the guys who are likely the most jealous are folks from the upper midwest to the east coast - I'm guessing that the winter of 14-15 is going to be impossible to forget for those folks. And here we are in T-shirts fishing dry flies.
Im using a 15 ft mono leader ending with 10 lb maxima 99 percent of the time. a couple times I have tied on 8lb flouro, but thats only accounted for one of my 3 dry line fish this winter.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts