Spey Pages banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Lightly used pair of Chota STL Plus wading boots. These have removable studs. Size 10, though Chotas tend to run a little small and, in fact, fit about the same as my Patagonia Beefies in size 9. Felt soles are in very good condition. These were my "travel" boots so they only were used on my two-week long Atlantic salmon trips each year. $35.00 plus shipping. SOLD

Also a custom pair of Streamline waders with 5.5mm neoprene from the time when they and Simms were the cream of the top in waders. They were custom built for a 40" waist and 30" inseam. The felt soled boots are size 9 and are well enough insulated that I rarely wore more than a silk sock or two in them regardless of how cold the weather and water temps got. In very nice condition and they do not leak. $65.00 plus shipping.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Chotas appear to be sold. It seems that only Canadians are interested in the Streamlines, which is good except for the cost of shipping them to Canada. This is the second time I've listed these and both times the sale fell through due to the cost of shipping, which is in the $30.00 range for standard (non-Global Priority) shipping. Anyone in the US able to use these? They really are perfect for Great Lakes winter steelheaders. That's why I bought them.

·
That Guy in PEI.....
1,945 Posts
I've had boots shipped to me several times for $16.95 first class. Priority runs about $10 more.
Salmon Chaser

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It cost me $12.00 to ship a pair of Dan Bailey Stream Cleats from Wisconsin to BC. The Steamline bootfoots weigh five or six times as much and the box is at least twice as big. Those same Stream Cleats would have cost almost $30.00 to ship Global Priority, which was more than the guy paid for them. Believe me, I ship to Canada on a weekly basis, and it's an expensive proposition when dealing with a relatively inexpensive item, especially one that weighs quite a bit.

·
slipped away to grey...
737 Posts
I've had boots shipped to me several times for $16.95 first class. Priority runs about $10 more.
Salmon Chaser
Shipping is increasing like crazy, you can't take into consideration what it cost you a few months ago to ship something thanks to the large increases in fuel surcharges as of late.

What's really insane is I can ship a car engine acrossed the damn country for not a whole lot more than it cost me to ship some wading boots to Canada a week or so ago...

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Salmon Chaser
Not to beat a dead horse, but I just shipped those Chotas that started this thread. They went from Wisconsin to BC and cost $27.00 with standard (non-Priority) shipping and with no additional insurance. The box weighed almost exactly four pounds. That means the Streamlines, which will weigh more like eight pounds and will be shipped in a significantly larger box will run MORE that the $30.00 estimated above. And the post office just started the process for a rate increase yesterday.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts