Spey Pages banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does CATSA allow me to place my wading boots w/alumibites on "carry on." Have had past trouble with AC into Smithers w/ checked luggage delivery.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Concern would Be

I am thinking Size and weight restrictions, Good Luck, Best to check directly with the airline and have a favorable response in writing

·
Registered
274 Posts
dad and I had no problems with boots and waders in carry on flying Vancouver to Smithers a few years back. Best to make sure they're clean and dry. We checked them on the way home as we weren't as concerned.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I carry my boots on all the time on AC. I have HUGE feet and my boots weigh a great deal. I put them in the bottom of my Simms backpack and then place the pack on the sky-check cart at boarding. Gives me more weight allowance and room for my equipment bag. I use Korkers and have had all sorts of soles on my boots when transporting them - never a problem.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
a travel guy I booked a trip with told me once to carry your waders on and check your rods - I did that and guess what my luggage and rods did not show up for 2 days - the lodge had a rod I could borrow but I really would have been out of luck without my waders!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts