Spey Pages banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

Administrator
Patagonia waders have treated me very well. I have a set of Rio Gallegos and a set of Skeena waders. Both sets have more than a few river miles over the past 5 years ... so far, no leaks!!
Great fit too.

Mike

Undertaker
Like that idea, but don't you lose the chest compartments for easy storage of the fishing necessities like pliers, nippers, leader material and stuff like that?
I also carry a teardrop sling pack for my stuff and can easily swing it to the front when I need something. The only disadvantage to pant waders I have found is that shorty rain jackets can leave a gap. But I still prefer them.

Registered
I've had Orvis Sonic Zip that have held up very well - still using them too! Usually got 2 seasons out of Redington Palix used in the salt. Had good success with Simms until recently - DON'T get their Freestone Zips - junk, leaked out of the box and Simms could not repair them after 2 tries. Trying Simms G3 bc I got a credit for Freestones - have to wait 2.5 months for them until end of July though - that's a lot of loss season, though. Not a happy camper with Simms right now - maybe the G3s will help restore trust. But, next time I'm trying Patagonia.

Registered
Like that idea, but don't you lose the chest compartments for easy storage of the fishing necessities like pliers, nippers, leader material and stuff like that?
I use pants too. Just wear a shirt or jacket with lots of pockets and you're good to go. Ease of pissing is a biggie for me.

Registered
Beulah Vision Sage
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Wife ended up giving me the go ahead on some Patagonia swift current expedition zips... In the mail... Looking forward to not being wet on my next trip, will definitely be a welcome feeling. May be time to get into some new boots as well, my G3 guides are still living well but Ive been doing far more hiking as of late.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts