Spey Pages banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be in Oregon and Washington the second week of May this year and want to speyfish for steelies. What waters would be good for the spey rod this time of year? I've only fished for winter fish in the past. I'm not asking for specific info about your secret pool, just some suggestions on waters that would be worth a try this time of year. Also, any suggestions on affordable lodging or camping sites would be appreciated. Thanks!

Brian

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Kalama, Sandy, and I think the Lewis. I am just going off of what I remember in the regs as I just got back from a 3 day trip up that way. Double check though. Good luck.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Oregon

Brian,
I know this isn't the answer to your question, but the Deschutes is great for trophy trout fishing that time of year. If it is a warm spring you may even catch the beginning of the Salmon fly hatch. A light spey rod is great for this big tailwater fishery. Well worth the trip. If you decide to try it send me a message and I will tell you some good spots to fish. Lots of good camping there right on the river.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts