Spey Pages banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What I wouldn't give for "one warm line..."
It's feck'd and depressing really...I hate ice fishing, I mean it's not really fishing is it? Don't want to step on the toes of any NASCAR types but what the hell...

Guess the opener will be delayed until June...pfffft

Bring it...

Ok, so it's a touch of cabin fever...bring the happy pills

·
Registered
895 Posts
Oh, do I hear you on this!!

If you wanted to fish any river around here, you'd need an auger! No amount of T-anything could get you down!!!!

Moving water should not be frozen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, we need the happy pills!

Great fly, by the way!

-Bill

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
the cold

I hear ya. Been watching what you guys have been going through and it's got to be a really long darned cold stretch. I feel a little guilty out here in the west, up here on the hight desert (Central Oregon) I hate to say it but it's been warm...fished some small lakes (Lake of the Dunes) for trout 2 weeks ago and it was 65!
Problem is here we have such little rain and snow that we're gonna burn up this summer and fall (as in wildfires).
Well, hope it will get better for ya. At least you have some cabin time to tie another fly. And by the way, that's a beaut in the photo.
Best

·
Banned
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sucks to be you huh??? :chuckle:
I have to make it out your way one day...

We just set another record...coldest day in 42 years...the lake freeze is threatening the Greeb population.

I'll throw some good vibes your way too man; hope you get some meaningful precip out there.

Oh well...more peat on the hearth...

·
Banned
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A friend sent a message...he was on a lake just north of here...

4 1/2 feet of ice...
A grenade couldn't auger a hole through that.

Coldest Feb here in the last 140 years...

Will be fishing for Cpt. Highliner fish sticks come the opener...HA

·
Registered
401 Posts
Try living up here.......
It's "warm" in southern Ontario relative to what we're dealing with.....!

A friend sent a message...he was on a lake just north of here...

4 1/2 feet of ice...
A grenade couldn't auger a hole through that.

Coldest Feb here in the last 140 years...

Will be fishing for Cpt. Highliner fish sticks come the opener...HA

·
Registered
323 Posts
It has been pure evil for a while now! I just want to cast a rod in some water, really don't care about fish at this stage :) Speaking of Southern Ontario, doing a demo on dee's at Rob's shop in Fergus (Grand River Outfitting & Fly Shop) this Saturday 10am, if you are bored come say y0! *oops hijack* :smokin:

·
Registered
98 Posts
probably doesnt help

to say we were fishing the Squamish on Saturday in t-shirts............nah, didnt think so

·
Registered
503 Posts
summer

River is at summer level crystal clear. Today is cooler and rain so you folks further east best grab your longies in two or three more days.

Only problem not many fish right now. We fished Sat and there were more boats on the river than fish in it.

Top of the day to you.

Skilly

·
Banned
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
there were more boats on the river than fish in it.
See...there ya go...grass isn't always greener...think I'll bear it a while longer...

Better a dram and a tie than being on water polluted by humans...feck

1 - 13 of 13 Posts