Spey Pages banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm predominantly interested in T&G casting, scandi, mid belly, not skagit. My rod is a Burkie 7134.

Would appreciate hearing from those who have had experience using Vision Ace Shooting Head System and Slide Spey and Slide Spey Multi Tip Systems.

All opinions and thoughts greatly appreciated.

Regards,

ziggy

·
Heavy User May need Rehab
231 Posts
I fish a 465 grain vision ace scandi line on my 7136 z-axis, and it's a match made in heaven. It has a thicker tip diameter than my airflo scandi comp 480, and therefore can handle fast sinking polys & sparse mini intruder flies. I have both the rio & airflo scandis which are great for surface presentations, but the vision scandi has wicked turnover for such a graceful taper.

Vision ace is a sweet scandi, I'm surprised they don't get more attention here on speypages.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
I fish a 465 grain vision ace scandi line on my 7136 z-axis, and it's a match made in heaven. It has a thicker tip diameter than my airflo scandi comp 480, and therefore can handle fast sinking polys & sparse mini intruder flies. I have both the rio & airflo scandis which are great for surface presentations, but the vision scandi has wicked turnover for such a graceful taper.

Vision ace is a sweet scandi, I'm surprised they don't get more attention here on speypages.
I agree with this description..we also use many Vision scandi and Slide spey lines and over the years found no real match...we are now playing with their new Ace Scandi"Carrot" and the new Clear float..also want to note here that their Intermediate tip Ace Scandi is very sweet... if you have a good fast action rod then the slide spey sings with touch and go
C

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Newlushlife and Westcoaststlhdr for your valuable feedback re Vision lines.

One more question:

If I went with the Ace shooting head system, 6 lines, with sliding density construction, would this cover all bases, with perhaps the exception of very heavy flies for down and dirty Skagit fishing.

I am assuming these lines are Scandi lines?

Would I also benefit by purchasing the Slide Spey Tip system (head plus four tips), or would it be a duplication that I wouldn't need?

Much appreciated for your advice.

Regards,

Ziggy

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
If you have all the Scandi heads then the need for the tip Slide Spey would be a bit redundant...my choice would be to have a floating slide spey ..these are fun small fly fishing lines that lay out exactly where you send it and without bundling up the tapers and leaders
C
Thanks Newlushlife and Westcoaststlhdr for your valuable feedback re Vision lines.

One more question:

If I went with the Ace shooting head system, 6 lines, with sliding density construction, would this cover all bases, with perhaps the exception of very heavy flies for down and dirty Skagit fishing.

I am assuming these lines are Scandi lines?

Would I also benefit by purchasing the Slide Spey Tip system (head plus four tips), or would it be a duplication that I wouldn't need?

Much appreciated for your advice.

Regards,

Ziggy

·
dutch cornelis
370 Posts
vision

I'm predominantly interested in T&G casting, scandi, mid belly, not skagit. My rod is a Burkie 7134.

Would appreciate hearing from those who have had experience using Vision Ace Shooting Head System and Slide Spey and Slide Spey Multi Tip Systems.

All opinions and thoughts greatly appreciated.

Regards,

ziggy

working with this meany years this lines ar perfect ,also ace tips ar gread .
some fisher say its to light this tips with sink 3 ,i dont know its e question from fishing/casting style , for my its working fine.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Vision

Hey hope you find your way in all this line mess, I still find myself asking these same questions on anything new that pops onto the market. I've chatted off and on with Montey Ward who represents Vision in the lower 48 and have tried multiple heas and lines and have found they have some sweet heads, was a little dissapointed with the Slide Spey and multi tip version, they just dont seem to have that pinned down yet, BUT they have those head by the short and curlies. The new heads they are putting out kick ass and I wouldn't bother with a multi spey line if you like the head system. Those multi density heads plus poly tips they put out are MONEY!

·
Dom
3,156 Posts
I would like to hear more insight on slide and slide multi tips. How do they compare to Deltas? Being shorter head should have more umph to drive tips..?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts