Spey Pages banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to pick the expert brains out there. I am looking to get a Vision head for this rod. are there any specs out there or have any of you used a vision head with this rod? Any help or opinions will be appreciated.
Thanks!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Vision Ace shooting head.

Unfortunally the ACE Double Handed Shooting Heads starts with a minimum wieght of 29 gram (VAC89F 10.7 m, 29 gram). This is to much line weight for the 6-weight Sage. You want to have a look at the Single hand Shooting heads from Vision. These lines vari from VAS6F (9.6 m 15 gram) to VAS9I 10.6 m 22 gram , floating Intermediate). For the 6-weight Sage I do like the 17 gram (7-weight) shooting head. I have to say that I like the rod to be a little underweighted. If you like to feel the rod getting more resistance from a heavier head, you might want to go to the 19 gram heads (VAS8F or VAS8I). The Vision heads are ready to go, no need for cutting back the back end like the Guidelines. Ad a loop or splice the head directly to the running line.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much for the info!
I found their website, and confirmed the information you provided. A friend suggested that I look to the grain weight of the 6/7/8 windcutter and try to match the @weight with the vision. Of course it would be nice to try it first, but lacking a U.S. dealer, this would be hard.
Thanks again!
Erik :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Fwiw

You're currently using a windcutter 6/7/8 at 455 grains. I have a Vision Ace 8/9 at 448 grains. You're welcome to try it. Let me know. I also have some custom shooting heads in lighter weights.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts