Spey Pages banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi Clemens,
small world...I am considering the same rod for the same species in the same country...
Where to you fish for Huchen?
Nobody I know of uses this rod, but got a positve answer of Vision Finland that this would be the most appropriate rod for Huchen...that one or the 12'6 #9-10.

Cheers und schöne Grüße,
Klaus

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Seavas Klaus,

i am from austria - guess you too, regarding your waters :hihi:
Fish for Huchen in Mur and go to Mongolia this year, 3rd time, on a boat trip where a short rod is a good idea due to few space on board...

Might be a good rod for pielach - stripping with long spey rods in this small river is boring, but i'm not sure how the casting abilities are with that short rods and heavy streamers ..

Do you post in the german/austrian forums as well?

Best greetings,
Clemens

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi,
I do not post in any austrian/german forum...
I was at the Mur a few weeks ago and cast a dh-rod for the first time, TT 1212, along with a single-hander.
The dh-rod was so much easier to cast with the heavy sink-tip and the large flies...Perhaps a single-hander would be ok for the Pielach, but as I am not willing to buy a different rod for each river I fish it will be a dh. I am planning to use it overhead on the Donau too....
Klaus

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.