Spey Pages banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have no idea how long these have been together, i got them as a set years ago from that seller

i would prefer to sell them together

the reel is a 4" John Macpherson of Inverness salmon reel- lots of patina but still good finish remaining, it runs smooth with an audible click - initials on one side as shown in pics, brass foot - the case may be older than the reel but fits well. one side of the case says winch for 14 & 15 foot rod in old ink with a ring stain - the other side has initials and says 14 & 15 foot rod and the date 1890, wear to the lining

the rod is a 13 foot 3/2 J P Walker (Newcastle on Tyne) bamboo rod with two tips in what i was told was the original bag - it is in very nice condition, wraps are intact with minimum wear, there is a milky agate stripping guide (there is a small line in one spot, i cannot catch a fingernail on it ) , agate tips -
all sections are straight and full length, it has locking ferrules, and the butt section has a ferrule plug -

pictures of the reel in this post- i will follow with pictures of the rod in a following post

- PM with interest or questions
SOLD

Attachments

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
pictures of the rod in the above ad

Attachments

·
Registered
181 Posts