Spey Pages banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
Not sure if this is the right way, so pls delte if I brake any forum rules

Have some reels for sale at Vintage Fly Tackel. But starting to realize it's a fraud, and I'm loosing some Big money here
I know there Are more People in the same situation, and I need help. Pls contact me on this web, or by mail: [email protected]

Best
Torbjørn

·
Registered
494 Posts
The owner Gary passed away I believe last year, up to then there were never any issues. His wife tried to take over the business and continue after he passed away. It has not gone well I don’t thing she had the passion that he had for fishing equipment. There have been some posts about this, the most recent post from Classic Fly Rod Forum is posted below. Apparently she is going to fold the business and it appears equipment which is on consignment will be returned. Hopefully it all works out for everyone and no one loses any equipment or funds.

The Classic Fly Rod Forum ? Update on VFT

·
Registered
244 Posts
I have hesitate to chime in on this subject because I have no money involved but here goes anyway.
While Gary's passing was indeed very tragic it has been at least a year. To not have cleaned up most if not all unfinished business by now is totally unacceptable. The website is still active and has no obvious indication that they are out of business. Legal issues with the estate may be pending but at the very least all merchandise on consignment should have been returned by now. In my opinion this is a disservice to Gary, who most people thought was a stand up guy. At least let customers know you intend to make good and the reason it is taking this long. If it were me I would have taken legal action by now.

Emel

·
Administrator
787 Posts
Since they have a forum, you should reach out there or if worst comes to worst, see if your credit company can help you out.

Lee

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I Did some business with Gary, and got only good things to say about him. But the behavior the VFT are showing now is so disrespectful to Garys name and legacy

I talked to a person who had a reel for sale at VFT, same situation as me, he ended up knocking on the door to get his reel back.

Thought about my Credit Company, but all I got is a "shipping" bill

Sorry about my wining here, but p.... and frustrated🐳

·
Administrator
2,449 Posts
I Did some business with Gary, and got only good things to say about him. But the behavior the VFT are showing now is so disrespectful to Garys name and legacy

I talked to a person who had a reel for sale at VFT, same situation as me, he ended up knocking on the door to get his reel back.

Thought about my Credit Company, but all I got is a "shipping" bill

Sorry about my wining here, but p.... and frustrated🐳
If I were close enough to make a courtesy visit for you...I'd gladly knock on the door and pursue your reel. Completely unacceptable of them.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Sorry you are still mired in this situation Torb. I had to finally get my cc company involved and they will have to go after VFT now. On VFTs FB page and on their website everything is still functional. Meaning they will still accept payments. You just will never get your item. Not sure if they are still taking consignments though.

If the sums are big enough Torb you might have to get an attorney involved. Again sorry for your troubles. VFT was always a sure thing when Gary was running it. Sad to see whats become of it.

·
Banned
1,711 Posts
what? so nobody here lives in colorado???

the online community is the best providing you want lip service, likes or thoughts and prayers.

gary'd be rolling...

cheers,
shawn

-who got cold feet after gary's passing and managed to keep his wares from vft... and that was after an exciting and promising invitation from the others involved now. I can only assume this has a great deal to do with expectations and abilities...

·
Registered
531 Posts
For what it's worth, I just received an email response from VFT to an email I sent back in 2018. It said they were winding up the business and asked if I had any consignment items there to be returned. It said they were working through all the back emails, of which there must be many. Not sure what this means, but just putting it out for information.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Salmoncane

Thanks for info
Hope I rescive mail SOON, but hear different things from people who has gear there

1 - 13 of 13 Posts