Spey Pages banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im enrolled in a casting class with a certified spey casting instructor. i was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on a steelhead or salmon guide specializing in spey rods in the puget sound or olympic penninsula. i want try and cut the learning curve on presenting the fly with a spey rod and holding water to look for with steelhead and salmon.

·
#&%*@^# Caster
3,058 Posts
What he said.

Mr. Kinney is the best. You will cherish a day out with him for the rest of your steelheading days.

-sean

·
Pullin' Thread
4,694 Posts
Mike is a great steelhead fly fisher and fine spey caster. You would not regret spending a day with him. Another very good spey casting guide is Dave Steinbaugh whom you can contact through Waters West in Port Angeles. Dave guides and fishes the Peninsula rivers. John Farrar is still another, he can be contacted through Patrick's Fly Shop in Seattle.

The other option you have is getting out on the river with one of the many fine spey casting forum members who live in Puget Sound, or go to Aaron's (speybum) Saturday morning mini clinics on the Snoqualmie in Carnation. There are always good spey casters there who along with Aaron are more than willing to help teach folks how to spey cast or get better at it. Mike Kinney even shows up at it sometimes.

·
Registered
194 Posts
What Flytyer said...

I learn something new every time I go to one of Aaron's (free) mini clinics. I you live anywhere near Carnation, this is a treasure of a service you must find a way to get to.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts