Spey Pages banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Most of what I know about spey casting (not a lot) comes with watching two videos, Michael Evans which outlines the single and double spey (not very well), and the Rio International video with Simon Gawesworth which covers the single, double and snake roll (excellent). My question is this, what other videos are available, and what other casts do they cover?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Can I tag along?

Hi BeBop,
Hope you don't mind, but can I add books that are available to your question. Can't seem to find anything that isn't out of print, collectors editions. There's got to be a good book on modern spey casting somewhere, can anyone recommend one?
Good drifts,
Gene:confused:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Videos and Casts

Bebop & Wild Gene,
You might care to check out the selection of spey video's available through Hunters.

http://huntersangling.com/as/bookvid.htm

Spey Master Class with Derek Brown and International Spey Casting with Jim Vincent and Simon Gawesworth are by far the best.

The Mel Krieger spey tape has high production quality and beautific scenery of Iceland but it is lacks clarity in the nuances in technique of the various casts, and it doesn't provide as much instruction on the different types of casts you can make.

John

·
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic
1,771 Posts
Once again, when you plug a non-sponsor with a direct link the policy (as explained in the announcement at the top of every board) is to send an email CC: [email protected] in your own words to suggest becoming a sponsor of the site.

I know Nick Wilder, Greg and the gang and your suggestion will help me make a case when I ask them if they'd be a sponsor to help us raise costs for the upcoming flyfishing show fees.

BTW - you can still provide the information and link to the person requesting info via PM or email, both tools that a click away on this site.

Please help us show our respect for paying sponsors.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts