Spey Pages banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

I recently published an interview about my dad, Hoagy Carmichael, discussing the history of Garrison / Carmichael rod shop, the partnership that led to "A Master's Guide to Building a Bamboo Fly Rod", and why the shop is now in a museum.

I thought this video might interest a number of people on this forum, and so I though I'd share.

Here's the post with both the video and an outttakes video:

http://newenglandonthefly.com/2015/...hael-garrison-carmichael-bamboo-fly-rod-shop/

Below find some photos. Thanks for watching, and for your interest.

Best,
Ben

·
Registered
997 Posts
Ben.

I checked out your video a few weeks ago, really well done man. I enjoyed watching it very much and the stories and the manner in which they were told in by your father. Another great contribution to Fly Fishing lore from the Carmichael clan. Cheers for that.

Definitely worth a watch for any fisherman.

Cheers.
James

·
Registered
549 Posts
I watched the video as well a few weeks back as the others have stated well done and great history. It is nice to have this not only for future rod makers but also for your own family, future generations will get to know their grandfather , great grandfather, etc. Too bad this technology was not around when my grandparents were alive would love to hear some or their stories as well as advice. Not sure if you have done this already but you should post on Clarks Classic I'm sure many there would enjoy it as well. Thanks again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts