Spey Pages banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In speaking to Bob Veverka today regarding his next book..he indicated to me that he has just finished a book on Innovative Spey Flies... he said he thought it had just hit the stores... Has anyone sean it yet?

·
Banned
103 Posts
John, are you going to be directing your creative talents towards Spey flies now? I can only imagine what you'll come up with.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, it just the book before his next... which I am helping him prepare a certain section.

·
Junkyard Spey
7,112 Posts
Bob Veverka's Book

A couple days ago I got my first copy of this book in the shop and it is very nice!

·
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic
1,771 Posts
I can't wait to get my hands on this book!

Bob is a great tyer and also a friend of the Forum. His article on the Glasso spey fly and his Baja article is fantastic (Expertise/Chronicles sections).

·
Steelhead Dreamer
462 Posts
I am reading my copy now. Very nicely done book both as to content, photos, editing, and printing. Unfortunately, it is not as comprehensive as John Shewey's fine book. It is still worth the cost and does have some good information on Bob's style of tying.

Regards,

·
Registered
254 Posts
I bought it sight unseen as I have Bob's Innovative Saltwater Flies and I figure it has to be good too. I'm sure it will be a great addition to my library of 60 plus books. Haven't read them all, but constantly going through and referencing them. I wish all that info was digitized so that it could be referenced faster on my computer, but then half the fun is just leafing through them.

Matt Burke

·
Steelhead Dreamer
462 Posts
I have finished the book and must say the section on materials is absolutely outstanding.

The images are great, but the need to find the name of each fly on a different page and to correspond the position of the fly to the position of names on a diagram was not well thought out by the layout designer.

The step-by-step of the Waddington shank treble hook Ackroid is a bit interesting in that the treble hook has no mounting instructions and just appears on the last photo of the already completed fly on the shank. Could be a bit of a surprise for anyone not having tied this style of rig before.

Overall, a very good companion to John Shewey's book.

Regards,

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just received my copy from Amazon Canada today.
Looks good - Radencich's photography is great ( as usual).
Ed Engle's new book "Tying Small Flies " came in the same shipment- it also looks like a " keeper".

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
His next book...due out in a year, will be "International Innovative Saltwater Flies". I have written the Cape Cod section with about 20 flies... One will be Juro's Eel, I will have a couple and the rest are coming from others who are forum people. The book will have flies from all over the world.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts