Spey Pages banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whens the best time to go for steelhead in the summer run......is there much of a summer run

·
Registered
47 Posts
Small chance

They don`t naturaly reporduce in there but there a few C and C rivers (won`t put full name because it very small and fragile system) strays in there.
yes i have seen one caught in september this year,the guy who caught was very surprised me and him were thinking about it being a res rainbow but a 9 or so lb res rainbow in the vedder?don`t think so.

·
Registered
200 Posts
is there any river in the lower mainland or island that has a summer run
honestly, none that anyone would be willing to name on an open forum.

send me a pm if you wish.

·
Registered
63 Posts
There are about 100 on the island lol... A few on the mainland, but none have many fish, most don't get fished much, and no one in their right mind would say them on an open forum.

Honestly, dig on the internet. I've found a couple dozen spectacular flows on the island now just by looking at old steelhead questionnaire records, recovery programs, swim counts, all that stuff. If you put the hours in on the internet, you'll find some awesome stuff, but it doesn't come easy.

Vedder gets some summers... I've caught 2 in the last 3 years, both in December, both in the upper river. The Vedder also has some really big resident bows, my biggest landed was around 5-6 pounds, also very rare.

·
Registered
200 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts