Spey Pages banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an oportunity to stay with relatives in Nanaimo(sp) on Vancouver Island the last week of April-1st week of May. Is there any river(spey) fishing going on at that time? Any info. would be appreciated. Thanks! :)
Kim

·
Registered
159 Posts
pretty late

Kim,
while that is a beautiful time to be on the rivers with spring and warmer weather it is a little late for steelhead. It is great timing for some trout fishing. That being said if thats the time you've got and you want to do some spey casting go hit a river and swing some flies. Last year I caught a bright winter run doe middle of May while looking for trout. Good Luck

Stampsteelie

·
Registered
3 Posts
the Vedder river which is in the lowermainland is fishing quite well in april for steelhead anouther river would be the squamish it has a extreemly small run of steelhead but can also have some good fishing for dollys that time of year

·
Registered
37 Posts
You may want to try the Gold River in the town of Gold River. The runs arent what they used to be but I think they have some sort of spring run of fish in there. It is a bigger river and suits two handed rods quite well. It has been a while since i've been in that neck of the woods and I know there are some conservation concerns for this river so be sure to check the regs before wetting the line.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts