Spey Pages banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'll be in Vancouver, BC during the first week of May for work. I've got 2 full days and 1 half day with no obligations or plans (on the tail end of my trip). I'm starting to do some planning but realized I'm going to be there during somewhat of a "shoulder season" for steelhead (though not tied to chasing them specifically). If anyone has suggestions or regions I should lookup all suggestions are welcome! :nerd: No need for specific spots but rather hoping to get some helpful pointers from this clave's collective knowledge. I'll have a car and was planning on camping, if that's helpful. Thanks in advance!

Richard

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
May is usually the peak of the spawning season, I would suggest looking for some searun cutthroat fishing from the beaches.

·
Registered
408 Posts
The Chilliwack river from the crossing down to the Fraser river is FLY FISHING ONLY for the month of May. Spawning is in the upper river so I wouldn't worry about it. The fishing can be pretty good as well through to about mid month. Give it a go!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Whoa, thanks for the all the good info folks. I'm feeling like I have a better idea of where to look now. Sometimes planning the fishing trip is half the fun. Whoot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts