Spey Pages banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Dom
3,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planning another trip to Deschutes next week. After experiencing few unpleasant interactions several years ago I would like to escape the crowd and I am considering using my Watermaster to fish west side of the river. Will likely focus White to Macks section.

Is there anything I should be aware of in terms of required permits, and other legal aspects of it?

·
Registered
RL Winston, Loop Classic, Hardy Perfect
1,034 Posts
Recreation.Gov. I cant remember if you need a tribal permit for that section, but I don't believe you do. Also, you might need to get your boat checked by an office for invasive species. And, not sure if you need an Invasive Species Permit - they changed the name but it's for your boat - it may be called Waterways Permit, now, or something. I think this has a size specification for non motorized of 10-12 feet, but 2x check me on it.

·
Registered
141 Posts
No permit needed. Have fun.
An Oregon Waterway Access Permit won't cut it for the Lower Deschutes. You'll need a Lower Deschutes River Boater Pass for any floating water craft, including belly boats, air mattresses, driftwood, etc between Pelton and Heritage.

From the Recreation.gov website,

''Boater Passes are required year-round for anyone using a watercraft or any other floating device as a means of transport on the Lower Deschutes River.''

1 - 12 of 12 Posts