Spey Pages banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

I have an unused example of a Pezon et Michel Super Parabolic PPP Traun, Type Hans bamboo fly rod for sale. This is an 8'2", 2 piece, 2 tip rod marked for a #6 line. Pezon's catalog describes the Traun as a rod "... recommend for dry fly fishing for grayling and trout in larger streams".

The rod is made in the typical, for the Super Parabolic series, staggered ferrule style. The tip is 4' 2-1/2" and the butt is 3' 11-1/2". It is marked Pezon et Michel / MADE IN FRANCE / Ritz Super Parabolic PPP / Traun Type Hans / 2.49m 8p2 #6 /146 grs 5 1/8 oz. It has the serial number 8268821 making it a 1981 rod. It has a screw up locking reel mounting hardware and a 7-1/2" Ritz style cork grip. Wraps are pine green tipped red except for the tricolor signature wrap just above the grip. The rod comes with its original bamboo ferrule piece, 3 compartment Pezon rod bag and covered rod tube.

The rod appears all original and looks like it has never seen the water - even the original plastic cover remains on the cork grip. All sections are full length and straight. Ferrule fit is snug and all guides and wraps are superb. The reel mounting hardware works correctly. The rod bag, tube and tube cover all look excellent too. Its probably as good of an example of an original Pezon Super Parabolic as I've ever seen.

Price: $1,125 plus $20 fully insured Priority Mail postage to the lower 48. PayPal only please and I'll pay their fees. Cash offers considered.

PM if interested.

Richard

Below: Pezon Catalog entry for the Traun.

All sections numbered 31.

Tips numbered 1 and 2.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts