Spey Pages banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For sale new/unused 12' 3pce. spey rod, made by myself, MHC, on a Bill Waara taper.

Lightly flamed and (heat gun) oven tempered, the rod casts well coupled with an Airflo 480 grain compact Scandi head. Blank all hand planed, no visible gaps or glue lines. Blued and lacquered hard drawn NOS lightweight nickel silver ferrules, with Hardy stoppers. Snakes and tip top new chrome, NOS vintage chromed brass agateen stripping guide plus second chrome bridge stripper guide. Brown nylon whippings tipped with black Gossamer silk coated with 4 coats of thick gloss (hard) varnish. Blank brushed with three coats satin poly. varnish over initial coat of gloss. custom made nickel silver hook keeper. Quality 24" cork handle faithful replica of Hardy 'Gold Medal' rod complete with original stamped 'Universal' reel fittings. New screw in rubber button. Brass fittings dipped in thin jewellers lacquer for protection. Assembled rod is tight and straight with no issues in either construction nor appearance. I increased the original Waara taper slightly. Signed, numbered and dated 2015. I have lawn cast this rod a couple of times only.

To see how I make my rods please visit: Articles - PurePiscator.com Please note, I am a hobby maker and the website referred to is non- commercial for reference only.

$425.00 USD with shipping at cost (after agreement with purchaser) in capped plastic tube from Toronto. Paypal only please. Contact me with any questions or for additional photos.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
That is a gorgeous rod. Very nice build! I wish I had some disposable income to buy it. Hope it sells fast. At that price, it should. Beautiful, had to wipe the drool off the screen. Nate

1 - 2 of 2 Posts