thought I'd add this to all the other info that we have here on this subject on the clave. I was testing out a prototype rod last week and two of the sections got stuck together. In fact they stuck so well that when I tried to part them the spigot ferrule actually came free and remained stuck inside the female section! A little slow cure epoxy fixed that, but once the glue was cured I still couldn't part the sections. Anyways, I got out a zip lock baggie and loaded it with ice, wrapped that around the rod joint and let it sit for 10 minutes, then put on the rubber gloves and the sections came apart quite nicely!