Spey Pages banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
chrome-magnon man
5,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friends at Loop have put together a unique instructional opportunity for anyone interested in combining two-hand casting instruction with angling on one of the great Atlantic salmon rivers. Co-instructed by Eoin Fairgrieve (APGAI certified) and Mattias Drugge (Loop certified), Loop's Ponoi River Fishing/Casting School looks like a great opportunity to develop both classic spey and underhand casting skills during the summer of 2003.

Have a look here for more info!

·
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic
1,771 Posts
Wow, I'm surprised how affordable it is for everything you get. The combination of traditional and underhand instruction is really attractive, not to mention the Ponoi salmon!!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Eoin Fairgrieve

Coincidentally, I was fortunate enough to meet Eoin for the first time last weekend. I had arranged for a friend who is just starting out with the double-handed rod to have some tuition from him, but managed to get an hour's speycasting instruction for myself also. He instantly identified the (many) flaws in my rather rough self-taught technique and was able to make a visible improvement to my casting, off both shoulders, in just a short time. I have no other experience of professional casting instructors to compare him to, but can report that Eoin is an excellent communicator and thoroughly nice guy, as well as a great caster.

Anyone lucky enough to be taking this trip will be in good hands.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts