Spey Pages banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a new speycaster and I've been practicing alot with my new TT 1307 and WC678. I can consistently do right and left handed switch casts with near equal consistency shooting 2 rod lenghts of line with an underhanded technique and a long leader. Any recomendations on what to practice next? Any recommendations for practice drills to develop the skills to transition to single speys and snake rolls?

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Zail

If you have not joined the subscribers section, this is one of the reasons you need to. Dana has extensive information up on the various casts and is just beginning a year long series on how to get to where you want to be in spey casting.

Join and you got the best spey information on the Internet.

The other thing that really helps is to get some good instruction early. An instructor can see and correct little things that make a big difference when you are beginning. I could have saved myself a lot of frustration and expense if I had followed this advise.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks, I am already a subscriber. And yes, I have taken extensive spey instruction from certified spey instructors. My question is "has anyone developed a series of drills that would help to organize my practice sessions for increased efficiency?" For example Way Lin gives a great series of drills at the start of his segment on "The art of Spey casting"video. I would like to extrapolate on that idea.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts