Spey Pages banner

Underhand Casting Clinic

3K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  beau purvis 
#1 ·
I'm thinking about running a FREE Underhand Casting clinic with all tackle supplied later this spring in the Lower Mainland (near Vancouver). There would be room for 6 - 8 participants but of course anyone could come along to watch.

Let me know if you are interested and I'll put you on the list!

#2 ·
Hi Dana,

I would really like to learn all i could from you about the underhand cast. Depending on my schedule and the dates you decide on I would like to come up for the clinic.

Please let me know when you have picked some dates.

Thanks, Greg

#8 ·
Hi Dana
I would really appreciate a slot in that clinic. Also, would there be some exposure to shooting/Scandanavian heads?

These types of lines may be very applicable to the fishing in my area. I would like a little [or alot] guidance on these techniques. Unfortunately the tackle shops on the island do not have good knowledge of 2 handed casting. basically there are only a few of us casting these rods and we do get together from time to time. A fesh perspective would certainly help considerably

N I

#10 ·
Hi guys!

Thanks for the interest! Sorry but family health issues have thrown a bit of a monkey wrench into things the past few weeks so I haven't been online much.

To answer some questions:

1. Dates: haven't set that yet. Was hoping to but then I got sidetracked as above. Will post them as soon as I have them. It will depend on how things develop at home and what the runoff is looking like over the next little bit.

2. Tackle: this will be all Loop stuff (rods, reels, lines), and all lines will be the Loop shooting head systems. I am also hoping to have a few of the new Quattro Spey Line systems there as well.

3. Format: I was originally looking at a 1/2 day but if people are travelling I'll do a longer session, and probably on a Saturday. We'll look at the classic Underhand method as well as variations and applications.

More to follow!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.