Spey Pages banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lots of UHM12 build (low cost) switch rods on Ebay. I'm thinking they are to fast action (to stiff) of a rod for a 5wt switch, for trout in larger rivers? What your thoughts? Any one fish one of these rods?

·
Registered
371 Posts
I would stick with known brands, that way you can get input on action, lines, casting here on the boards. Although there are some rods that break the mold, most are - "you get what you pay for."

I have a 5/6 wt Beulah Classic Switch, that has become one of my favorites to cast. Really smooth, and easy casting, especially with the Beulah Elixir and Tonic lines. I think it will be my goto trout switch next summer, or at least equal use as my Sweetgrass Mantra.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Anglers Roost, A.R.E., and the eBay seller bobo0700 are all the same company. I have built two rods on his UHM12 blanks (13' 5/6 and 13' 7/8) I cannot speak to the switch rods, but would give the quality of his blanks a big 'thumbs up' in my experience. The speckled finish is unusual and may not be everyones taste but performance per dollar spent is exceptional.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts