Spey Pages banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
D.P.Lee
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Flyer for the Two Hands @ Tou Velle event in September, 2013, Rogue River.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Good News!

Many thanks for posting that up! Been a lot of talk about 'will there be one, where will it be held, etc. Quite a line up of folk with rods, etc.

Need to mark my calendar ASAP. Now if we could just convince Gary to move the whole 'shebang' further up in the park (E Scection) its just a short 30 yards from the actual river (top end of the Island). For demo's etc., this would be a better location imho.

Fred

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Too keep this on track?

'Place' is good, 'exact location' of the event needs to be 'adjusted?'

Move 'it' up river to the 'E' section so there's some thing besides a bit of 'back water' to demo/instruct . Food? Just a few buy/toss BBQ's and a camp (or two) stove for 'others.'

Just my .02 cents. But what do I know save for Bob Larsell and I 'invented' the Sandy River Spey 'Clave. And yes, "Clave" is properly spelled as 'Clave.'

But I have now "Dog in this fight" other than I know what makes things 'work?'

·
Registered
748 Posts
Curious...Does the "flyer" list all the demonstrations, vendors, etc. that will be there or is it just a preliminary list?

The reason I ask is that, unless I'm mistaken, Scott Howell lives in Southern Oregon...would dearly like to take some casting lessons from him.

·
D.P.Lee
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Current list

The ninth annual Two Hands @ TouVelle Spey Event will be held Saturday, September 21, 2013, from 9 am – 3 pm at the TouVelle State Recreation Site, White City, Oregon. The recreation site is located on the Rogue River off Table Rock Road about eight miles north of the city of Medford, Oregon.

This year’s line up includes -

Charles Gehr – Fishing Guide, Fly Water Travel
John Hazel - Deschutes Anglers Fly Shop
Jon Hazlett – Steelhead Fly Fishing Guide
Whitney Gould – Steelhead Fly Fishing Guide, 3 Times Women’s Spey O Rama Winner
Mike McCune - a Real Skagit Master
Craig Nielsen - Guide and Switch Rod Expert
Jeff Putnam - FFF Certified Two-hand Instructor
Gary Anderson – Anderson Custom Rods
Bruce S. Berry – Beulah Rods, Hatch Reels Representative
Kate Davidson – Siskiyou Aviary
Steve Godshall - Fly Line Guru
Dennis P. Lee - Steelhead and Salmon Fly Tier
Eric Johnson – Sage, Rio Fly Lines, Reddington representative
Eric Neufeld - Simms Representative and Two-hand Casting Instructor

Local accommodations for Two Hands @ TouVelle include the Comfort Inn North, 2280 Biddle Road, Medford, OR 97504, just off Interstate 5 and only 4 miles from Tou Vell, and camping at the Valley of the Rogue State Park off Highway 5, north of Gold Hill, Oregon. In addition, the Rogue River offers excellent summer steelhead fly fishing opportunities this time of year.

Lunch is provided free to all event participants and there is no cost to attend. However, Oregon State Parks charges a $5.00 daily entry fee or annual pass to the Tou Velle State Recreation Area.

Dennis

·
JD
3,609 Posts
Oregon State Parks charges a $5.00 daily entry fee or annual pass to the Tou Velle State Recreation Area. Dennis
The annual pass Dennis mentions is an Oregon State Parks annual day pass, good at all Oregon State parks. Plus, Jackson county has a reciprocal agreement with Oregon where each honors the others day pass on parks along the Rogue River.

·
D.P.Lee
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
[email protected] Velle lunch cook(s)

Bob does the brats. But, it seems like anymore, he no longer brings rods to this event.
I think Gary said that he volunteered (delegated) folks from Fly Water Travel in Ashland to do the lunch cooking this year. I hope Bob shows up to enjoy the festivities.

Dennis

·
JD
3,609 Posts
Scott Howell

Curious...Does the "flyer" list all the demonstrations, vendors, etc. that will be there or is it just a preliminary list?

The reason I ask is that, unless I'm mistaken, Scott Howell lives in Southern Oregon...would dearly like to take some casting lessons from him.
Scott is one of many local fly guides. Judging by how often I see him on the river, he stays quite busy without the need to pimp himself at Spey Claves. I've only seen him once at the Sandy Clave, and that was eons ago.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Scott is one of many local fly guides. Judging by how often I see him on the river, he stays quite busy without the need to pimp himself at Spey Claves. I've only seen him once at the Sandy Clave, and that was eons ago.
He was there last year, http://www.flyfishusa.com/about-our-waters/spey-clave/spey-clave-agenda.htm

He works his butt off, I hear a ton of guys always complaining that he beats them to the hole, I answer: get up earlier or be quiet:chuckle:

"Judging by how often I see him on the river, he stays quite busy without the need to pimp himself at Spey Claves" being in Skagit master 2 helps a bit also;)

·
Registered
748 Posts
I will be at Valley of the Rogue (D-15), hopefully by mid afternoon on the 18th. Staying til the morning of the 21st. Then on to Two Hands

Any SpeyPagers in the campground, or in the area, please drop by and say hello.

See you there.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Looks like a good chance of rain Saturday. What impact will that have other than a bunch of folks standing around in rain jackets?

Was thinking of stopping by on our way over on our 2 week jaunt to the Clearwater/ Grande Ronde but not sure I want to get everything wet before we even get where we are going?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts